- educational training and activities
- Schule für Gestaltung (design school) Zurich
- since 1989 freelance project work:
- exhibition objects, e.g. for Technorama in Switzerland, the Bundesgartenschau (federal garden show) in Magdeburg and Autostadt Wolfsburg
- water play installations in open-air swimming pools
- objects, fountains and play centres in public areas
Watching children play is my inspiration for creating play areas. Above all when they play with an object in a completely different way than I, as planner, had envisaged, or when they have fun with boxes, planks, stones or a creek bed in the woods. However, other sources of inspiration include my own desire to play, the inner child. And that needs to be nurtured and fed by going through life in a playful way and allowing our curiosity about all the small things of daily life to remain open.
In this way, often a small idea or an observation can ultimately be turned into a play object ─ sometimes by joyous but also sometimes by tenacious tweaking ─ which in turn can inspire the play imagination of the children.